RobertDouglas is a talent focused organization – the intensity of this focus distinguishes RobertDouglas from all other real estate investment banking firms. Today, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Real Estate Investment Banking Associate– New York, New York
Seeking a highly-motivated individual with the intellect, drive, and energy to become a true industry leader. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of lodging industry finance experience, preferably at a consulting, valuation, advisory, or banking firm. This position will primarily focus on executing transactions generated by the team, including raising debt and equity capital for individual properties and portfolios, investment sales, and programmatic and joint venture equity transactions. The primary role of the Associate will be to evaluate historical operating performance and develop underwriting models, assist during the due diligence process and draft marketing materials for each transaction with limited oversight from senior members of the team.
- Prepare complex financial analyses for a broad range of lodging and leisure industry transactions
- Create, analyze, and audit property, portfolio and entity level cash flow models
- Create, with minimal oversight, appropriate marketing materials (financing proposals and offering memorandums) Gather market information through desktop research and site tours for inclusion in financing and investment sales memoranda
- Prepare clear, concise summary documentation and spreadsheets that support and explain the basis of the analyses for use in client presentations, proposals and/or reports
- Perform continuous market research of the changing universe of equity investors and lenders
- Support the transaction marketing efforts of senior team members by addressing due diligence questions and by creating and maintaining tracking reports and other reports for both internal and client distribution
- Read, abstract and analyze complex legal real estate related documentation to include financing/loan agreements, mortgage documents, partnership agreements, and corporate financial statements for relevant financial information that will impact the transaction
- Assist in the quality control effort to ensure that all client presentation materials are professional, accurate, high impact and reflect the standards of quality normally associated with RobertDouglas work product
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with emphasis on real estate finance and/or hotel administration
- Three to five years of professional experience preferably with an emphasis on hotel real estate finance
- Real Estate Salesperson license a plus
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed on an entrepreneurial team
- Ability to function in a team-oriented setting while working independently with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Excellent analytic, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to construct, apply and analyze complex financial models
- Strong commitment to maintaining attention to detail while working under tight time frames with meaningful deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications required; must be effective at creating dynamic models using advanced Excel features
- Ability and willingness to travel
Highly-competitive salary with unlimited bonus potential.
RobertDouglas is a privately-owned investment banking firm with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco that specializes in the equity and debt capitalization of lodging and leisure properties, portfolios and entities, as well as the sale of hotel, resort, and gaming properties throughout the Americas. Founded by two of the hotel industry’s pre-eminent finance professionals, Rob Stiles and Doug Hercher, RobertDouglas offers clients access to exceptional domestic and international institutional investor and lender relationships, as well as the structured financing experience that comes from closing complex transactions throughout the Americas. RobertDouglas combines the capital markets sophistication of top-tier investment banks with detailed hotel underwriting and asset management experience, giving this hotel investment banking firm unique capabilities in an underserved market. For more information, please visit www.robert-douglas.com.
Please email resume to the attention of Evan Hurd, Principal & Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.